We’ve reached 100 million registered organ, tissue and eye donors in the US because of the hard work of people like you that are working every day to share the life-saving message of donation and transplantation. Thank you!
Whether you are a donor family member sharing the legacy of your loved one, a grateful recipient or caregiver whose life reflects the power of donation, a passionate professional who works every day to save and heal lives, or a member of our community who encourages others to register – you’ve all played a part in this success.
Here’s how you can help share in the celebration of today’s news:
- Spread the news! Join Donate Life MN or Donate Life SD on Facebook. Share status updates and news stories we post and change your profile picture to the 100 million celebratory button.
- Contact your local media. Encourage them to write a story about this milestone or write a letter to the editor of your local paper.
- Spark a conversation. If you know people who are not yet registered as a donor, ask them why. Tell your story, share the facts and inspire them to make a decision about donation.
- Add an tag to your personal or work email signature that encourages people to register as an organ and tissue donor.
- Ask your workplace if you can put up posters about organ and tissue donation, send an email to staff about the importance of donation or add web banners to your company’s website in support of donation.
- Approach local businesses and ask to put up posters about donation or to leave flyers there for customers.
Be creative! It’s up to us to inspire others to give the gift of life and there are plenty of other ways you can share your passion for this important message. We have plenty of free resources available, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or have a question.