We recognize that our team members are our greatest asset. We strive to hire, cultivate and retain team members of the highest caliber who are dedicated to our mission of saving lives. Everyone on our team plays a critical role in our mission and we appreciate the unique contributions of each of our team members.
We’d love to hear from you if you believe that life is a gift to share and are willing to work hard in an environment that values respect, accountability, advocacy, life and innovation. Please check back regularly, as job postings are updated frequently.
LifeSource offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including retirement plan, generous PTO plan, FREE parking, tuition reimbursement (after one year) and more.
LifeSource is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Full-Time, Minneapolis, MN
Join a team of motivated, highly skilled Donation Coordinators dedicated to helping people through organ and tissue donation and transplantation. As a Coordinator you will work with donor families, hospital staff, and transplant centers by responding to referrals and coordinating the organ donation process. This full time position also offers the opportunity for participation in research, presentations and education.
- RN or RT degree or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of critical care or emergency room experience. Four year degree preferred.
- Be able to participate in a variable 24 hour call schedule, including weekdays, weekends, nights and holidays and must be able to assist during periods of high clinical volume outside of the posted schedule.
- Will be required to work for extended periods of time with few breaks.
- Be able to establish priorities and function independently.
- Must have excellent communication skills and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Have the ability to multitask, think critically, operate independently, and demonstrate solid interpersonal skills.
- Must have outstanding clinical, customer service, collaboration and communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be able to learn documentation systems.
- Be able to successfully complete a background check.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and have reliable personal automobile to be used with company reimbursement using IRS guidelines.
- Must be able to travel within the LifeSource service area by ground or air.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPTC, ACLS or PALS certifications.
- Be able to lift objects up to 50 pounds and carry them short distances.
Tissue Recovery Specialist
Part-Time, On-Call, Minneapolis, MN
Join a team of motivated, highly skilled professionals dedicated to helping people through organ and tissue donation and transplantation. As a Tissue Recovery Specialist Trainee, you will participate in aseptic tissue recovery for transplantation.
- High school education or equivalent. College or technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 18 months surgical experience required, orthopedic experience preferred. Normally achieved as a Surgical Technician / Allied Health Professional, Surgical Assistant, Physician’s Assistant or other like positions.
- Be available to work least 12 – 12 hour shifts per month including a minimum of one weekend per month, provide holiday call coverage and attend required meetings.
- Must have strong knowledge of human anatomy.
- Be available to work an intermittent schedule as needed.
- Be able to stand for long periods. Be able to push/pull up to 150 pounds with assistance, lift up to 50 pounds and transfer objects short distances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within the service area by car or plane.
This on-call position is paid on a per case basis.
Donor Services Coordinator
Full-Time, 36 hours/week, Minneapolis, MN
Join a team of Donor Services Coordinator who works directly with hospital staff and medical examiners to screen patients over the phone for the potential for organ, tissue and eye donation. This is an opportunity to use your medical training and also your great interpersonal and critical thinking skills in a whole new way. You will talk with families over the phone providing them with the opportunity for donation and obtaining authorization. We are searching for an experienced professional with a strong work record, who is team-oriented, flexible and wants to make a difference.
- Bachelors degree in health sciences or equivalent of 4 years experience as a LPN, Medical Lab Technician, Medical Records Clerk, Medical Secretary, or Medical Assistant or other related fields required. Experience in organ and tissue donation and bilingual skills are preferred.
- Extensive medical terminology and understanding of human anatomy and disease process.
- Ability to multitask, think critically, operate independently, and demonstrate solid interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Ability to work three 12 hour shifts per week, rotating days, nights, weekends and holidays.