Host a fundraising event
You can make a significant difference in the lives of others.
Philanthropic gifts to LifeSource save lives and offer hope and healing in a few different ways. Personal gifts, or proceeds from events help to ensure:
- Ongoing, varied education efforts within our region about the impact of organ, eye and tissue donation, and the importance of designating organ donation. Anyone can be a donor.
- Donor family support, at the time a loved one dies, and for as long as support is desired.
Please contact Laura Kelly Lovdahl at email@example.com with any questions.
In an effort to provide guidance for individuals or groups who would like to support LifeSource through an event, we have developed an event toolkit that includes information to help your event be successful.
Examples of Outside Events in our Region
Each year, generous individuals throughout our region choose to designate LifeSource as their charity of choice for their events. From contributions of a few hundred dollars to several thousand, no event is too small or too big to have an impact. Here are some examples of the events that are hosted throughout the year:
- The 8th Annual Weasel – JLC Golf Tournament (in memory of Scott Houle) was held on July 14, 2018. Each year, the event has grown. This year, they contributed $17,999.55 to LifeSource to raise awareness about the importance of organ donation and “checking the box”.
- The family of Matt Heisler hosted their fifth annual Matt Heisler Scholarship Golf Classic to support scholarships for athletes at Lakeville North High School and LifeSource. More than $9,000 has been raised to create awareness about the importance of donor designation and the tremendous impact of donation.
- The Adam McCloud Foundation Annual Fundraiser hosted their 6th annual concert in April featuring The Dweebs and a silent auction to raise funds and awareness about the impact and importance of organ donation. They also support a local toy drive for children in the Stillwater area at Christmas-time.
- The 3rd Annual Recycle Yourself 5K hosted by two families impacted by organ donation was held on April 21, 2018 in Dickinson, ND.
- John Galo 5K Run / Walk / Talk was held at Lester Park in Duluth for the second time in July 2018. Proceeds from this year’s event were designated to support LifeSource, to raise awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation.
Partner with a local restaurant, to bring people together to raise awareness, honor a donor, and raise funds with a portion of the proceeds from the event supporting LifeSource. Two examples in the past year were done in partnership with Red’s Savoy Pizza in Osseo MN, and White Castle in Coon Rapids, MN.
Fundraise using GiveMN
Commemorate a special person or occasion with a personalized fundraising page. GiveMN provides a platform which makes raising money for LifeSource easy with custom donation forms and personal storytelling. Go to GiveMN and follow the prompts to create your own peer-to-peer fundraiser. When prompted to select the nonprofit, enter 36-3584029 and select LifeSource.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you need to select a charitable organization to receive the donation before you begin shopping. When prompted to select a nonprofit, enter Upper Midwest Organ Procurement Organization (LifeSource). Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Community Alliance brings businesses together to provide you a discount, while benefiting our community. The organization offers its discounted beer, wine and cocktail cards that raise money for local nonprofits. You designate 50% of sale proceeds to one nonprofit partner, with an additional $1 of every sale goes to a specific nonprofit related to the card.