5 Easy Ways to Make a Difference with the Golf Classic Silent Auction
The LifeSource Golf Classic is our largest fundraising event for the year. This year, we hope to raise $200,000 for education and outreach programs and donor families’ support resources. Will you help us reach that goal?
One of the easiest ways to make a big difference at the Golf Classic is to generously contribute in-kind gifts (such as a service, item or an experience) or a financial donation to be used towards silent auction and mystery tote items, contest prizes and awards during the event. Interested? Below are some ideas to get you started:
#1 Double Your Impact: Support Your Local Community AND LifeSource
One of the easiest ways to help is to donate a gift card or an alcoholic beverage of choice.
- Restaurants – Pick up a gift card from one of your favorite local restaurants.
- Wineries & Breweries – Visit a local winery or brewery and select a bottle of wine or pack of beer (valued $15 or more). Also, check out your wine or beer collection at home.
- National or State Park Pass – Donate a gift card for someone to explore the outdoors.
#2 Create a Unique Experience.
Find something that people would not normally go out and buy themselves.
- Guided Day Out – Hiking adventures, boat cruise, food tours, brewery visits, architectural and historical walking tours, and other recreational activities.
- A Day in the Life – Invite someone to shadow you for the day. Local celebrities, zookeepers, sportscasters, authors and more.
- Getaway Packages – Weekend vacations, cabin rental or date nights. Lodging, activities, travel, etc.
- Sports Memorabilia – Signed helmets, jerseys, balls, bats, gloves, practice gear.
- Sky Miles – Did you know you can donate your Sky Miles to anyone?
- Private Lessons – Donate your time to give a private lesson. Popular examples from the past include cooking, photography, painting and more.
- Cooking Class – Chef in your home or host a wine and cheese night.
#3 Use Your Talents.
Share your skills or talents with others!
- Magic Show. If you are a magician, you can donate your time for a birthday party.
- One-of-a-Kind Homemade Goods. If you are talented with woodworking or knitting, you can make something unique to auction off.
- Say Cheese! Donate your time for a family or friend photoshoot. The memories will be priceless!
- Put on Your Dance Shoes. Offer dance lessons.
#4 Gather a Group for Themed Baskets
Grab a few of your friends and chip in on a fun themed basket. It is best to keep the basket contents somewhere between $50 and $100 – it’s up to you! Popular baskets in the past include:
- Local Goods Sampler
- Night (Or Day) Out
- Sweet Treats
- Outdoor Adventures
- Pet Gear
- Yard Games
- #1 Sports Fan
- Fishing Gear
- Rainy Day Activities
- …Or create your own!
Can’t find the right size basket? We will do that for you. The LifeSource Golf Classic Committee will take on the responsibility of putting together your basket items and wrapping.
#5 Make a Difference Now.
Support the event through a financial contribution that will go towards silent auction items, contest prizes and awards. Any amount – small or large – makes an incredible difference. Follow the link below and note “to support of the Golf Classic silent auction” when asked “What inspired you to make a gift?”
Thank you for supporting LifeSource!
If you have any ideas for or questions about the silent auction or would simply like more information, contact Betsey Palmgren (email@example.com) or Celeste Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All contributed items must be received by LifeSource no later than August 15, 2022. Don’t forget to mark your calendars for September 12, 2022 to participate – in-person or virtually – in the silent auction!