Our team members are our greatest asset.
Driven by our mission to save and heal lives, we strive to hire, cultivate and retain team members who are dedicated to our cause.
Over the last 30 years, our mission has never wavered – saving and healing lives through organ, tissue and eye donation and transplantation. Come make an impact with the brightest, most passionate people working in every discipline.
Ready to join the LifeSource team? We’d love to hear from you!
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation in the Upper Midwest, serving more than 7 million people who live in communities across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and western Wisconsin.
We partner with 279 hospitals and 300 driver’s license offices in our service area to facilitate the gifts of organ, eye and tissue donation and encourage people in our communities to register as a donor. Learn more about who we are.
What We Do
We deliver life-saving transplants and life-altering tissue to those in need. To complete our important work, we offer three core services:
- Managing all aspects of organ, eye and tissue donation
- Supporting donor families
- Educating communities and healthcare and medical professionals about their role in the life-saving process of donation
Walking the halls of LifeSource and reading the stories of donors and recipients still stirs intense emotions of how important this process and work is to donor families in search of healing and recipients in pursuit of hope.Peter Farstad, Chief Administrative Officer
Why Work at LifeSource
A Strong Culture
Located on the Mississippi River, just minutes from downtown Minneapolis, our headquarters is a place for our team to connect with one another as we fulfill our life-saving mission. It’s a home for donation and transplantation in our community and a place to honor the gifts of donation and transplantation; you’ll always see the Donate Life flag proudly flying in our Healing Garden.
- Structured onboarding programs to help new team members understand donation and LifeSource;
- Professional development opportunities for all team members, including on-going education;
- A variety of committees led by team members focused on improving employee engagement, health and wellbeing, quality of work life, donation research, innovation, and strategy
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to the LifeSource mission of extending hope and healing through organ, eye and tissue donation. As an organization, we live in the space between life and death. We value and respect life and believe that all life is a gift.
Since our inception in 1989, we have worked with our regions’ diverse communities to break down barriers to donation. We strive to hire and retain people of diverse backgrounds including racial, ethnic, culture and gender. Bringing a rich diversity of perspectives and experience to our organization at all levels strengthen our organization and our ability to serve our community and fulfill our mission.
This commitment to diversity is integrated into our mission, vision and values and is supported by our Board of Directors, our Leadership Team and at all levels in our organization.
LifeSource’s benefit-eligible team members enjoy the following employer provided benefits:
- Generous paid time off, extended paid time off and holiday time off
- Retirement Plan with rich employer match
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance and Additional Short-term Disability Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
Additional elective benefits offered include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance with generous employer premium cost share
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) including employer contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Employee, Spouse and Child Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Long-term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits consisting of Accident Insurance, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
At LifeSource, the value of Stewardship applies to everything we do from being stewards of the gift of life, to being responsible stewards of our environment.
- Our River Road headquarters implement energy efficiencies that include a solar panel installation;
- Electric car charging station;
- Robust recycling and composting programs.
There are a number of reasons to work at LifeSource, but we are guided by one purpose – to save lives.
Application and Interview Process
Thank you for your interest in joining LifeSource! To apply, you will submit an application online – available positions can be found here:
Applications can be submitted on a computer, cellphone, or other mobile device. You can save your application and return to it later if you need more time to complete it.
For accommodation to our application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-800-6100 to discuss your needs.
LifeSource is committed to finding qualified individuals that will live out our values in their everyday work. Because of this, we do have a multi-step interview process, that allows candidates to meet with many LifeSource team members.
The typical interview process consists of:
- Phone interview;
- Manager interview;
- Peer interview with a few LifeSource Team members; and
- An interview with an applicable Chief or Director.
Our Recruiter will be in contact with you during your interview process, and will walk you through the interview steps.
To remain consistent in our application review process, we review applications in the order they are received. Once we have a group of qualified candidates that we are moving forward in the interview process, we stop reviewing applications. If something were to change with our candidate pool, we would go back to start reviewing additional applications in the order they were received.
We recognize some candidates may have more experience preparing for and executing interviews, so we are taking action to ensure our interview process is fair and equitable to all. To help you prepare for your interview, we provide you a guidance document on the style of question we ask during interviews, as well as tips on how to provide complete, detailed answers. We provide this document to all candidates to allow everyone the same opportunity to prepare for their upcoming interview.
Yes, we do! If you are interested in learning more about LifeSource or about job opportunities, we would love to set up a time to connect with you. You can reach out to our recruiter Abby Gudgeon at email@example.com to find a time to connect.
There are a number of incredible things.
Coming to work every day knowing that I play a part in that is extremely rewarding. I find myself inspired each day through donor stories, my fellow team members, and everyone’s ability to help turn dark times into new beginnings.Jessie Fiene, Community Partner Liaison