Our team members are our greatest asset.
Driven by our mission to save and heal lives, we strive to hire, cultivate and retain team members who are dedicated to our cause.
Over the last 30 years, our mission has never wavered – saving and healing lives through organ, tissue and eye donation and transplantation. Come make an impact with the brightest, most passionate people working in every discipline.
Ready to join the LifeSource team? We’d love to hear from you!
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation in the Upper Midwest, serving more than 7 million people who live in communities across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and western Wisconsin.
We partner with 279 hospitals and 300 driver’s license offices in our service area to facilitate the gifts of organ, eye and tissue donation and encourage people in our communities to register as a donor. Learn more about who we are.
What We Do
We deliver life-saving transplants and life-altering tissue to those in need. To complete our important work, we offer three core services:
- Managing all aspects of organ, eye and tissue donation
- Supporting donor families
- Educating communities and healthcare and medical professionals about their role in the life-saving process of donation
Walking the halls of LifeSource and reading the stories of donors and recipients still stirs intense emotions of how important this process and work is to donor families in search of healing and recipients in pursuit of hope.Peter Farstad, Chief Administrative Officer
Why Work at LifeSource
A Strong Culture
Located on the Mississippi River, just minutes from downtown Minneapolis, our headquarters is a place for our team to connect with one another as we fulfill our life-saving mission. It’s a home for donation and transplantation in our community and a place to honor the gifts of donation and transplantation; you’ll always see the Donate Life flag proudly flying in our Healing Garden.
- Structured onboarding programs to help new team members understand donation and LifeSource;
- Professional development opportunities for all team members, including on-going education;
- A variety of committees led by team members focused on improving employee engagement, health and wellbeing, quality of work life, donation research, innovation, and strategy
LifeSource’s benefit-eligible team members enjoy the following employer provided benefits:
- Generous paid time off, extended paid time off and holiday time off
- Retirement Plan with rich employer match
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance and Additional Short-term Disability Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
Additional elective benefits offered include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance with generous employer premium cost share
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) including employer contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Employee, Spouse and Child Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Long-term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits consisting of Accident Insurance, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
At LifeSource, the value of Stewardship applies to everything we do from being stewards of the gift of life, to being responsible stewards of our environment.
- Our River Road headquarters implement energy efficiencies that include a solar panel installation;
- Electric car charging station;
- Robust recycling and composting programs.
There are a number of reasons to work at LifeSource, but we are guided by one purpose – to save lives.
There are a number of incredible things.
Coming to work every day knowing that I play a part in that is extremely rewarding. I find myself inspired each day through donor stories, my fellow team members, and everyone’s ability to help turn dark times into new beginnings.Jessie Fiene, Community Partner Liaison