Why Work at LifeSource
Located on the Mississippi River, just minutes from downtown Minneapolis, our headquarters is a place for our team to connect with one another as we fulfill our life-saving mission. It’s a home for donation and transplantation in our community and a place to honor the gifts of donation and transplantation; you’ll always see the Donate Life flag proudly flying in our Healing Garden.
Here are just some of the reasons why team members are drawn to – and stay with – LifeSource:
A Shared Purpose
The members of the LifeSource team are close, brought together by our daily interactions with families making the decision to donate their loved ones’ organs, eyes and tissue. We come to work every day to serve those families and alos the recipients of those gifts, who get a second chance at life. It’s challenging work but, as the first responders in our field, we have a unique perspective on our communities and on the world. We see the best in humanity and it brings out the best in us.
A Strong Culture
Opportunities to strengthen our connections with each other personally and professionally are a priority. We have:
- Structured onboarding programs to help new team members understand donation and LifeSource;
- Professional development opportunities for all team members, including on-going education;
- A variety of committees led by team members focused on improving employee engagement, health and wellbeing, quality of work life, donation research, innovation, and strategy
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We value and respect life and believe that all life is a gift. By extension, diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to ethos and culture. Since our inception in 1989, we have worked with our regions’ diverse communities to break down barriers to donation. We strive to hire and retain people of diverse racial, ethnic, and gender identities. Our commitment to equity is integrated into our mission, vision and values and is supported by our Board of Directors, our Leadership Team and at all levels in our organization.
This commitment to diversity is integrated into our mission, vision and values and is supported by our Board of Directors, our Leadership Team and at all levels in our organization.
LifeSource benefit-eligible team members enjoy the following benefits:
- Generous paid time off, extended paid time off and holiday time off
- Retirement Plan with rich employer match
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance and Additional Short-term Disability Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
Additional elective benefits offered include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance with generous employer premium cost share
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) including employer contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Employee, Spouse and Child Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Long-term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits consisting of Accident Insurance, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
We are not only stewards of the gift of life, but stewards of our environment. Our headquarters are located on the Mississippi River, just minutes from downtown Minneapolis. At this location, we have adopted the following sustainable practices:
- Our River Road headquarters implement energy efficiencies that include a solar panel installation;
- Electric car charging station;
- Robust recycling and composting programs.
There are a number of reasons to work at LifeSource, but we are guided by one purpose – to save lives.