Why Work at LifeSource
A Strong Culture
Located on the Mississippi River, just minutes from downtown Minneapolis, our headquarters is a place for our team to connect with one another as we fulfill our life-saving mission. It’s a home for donation and transplantation in our community and a place to honor the gifts of donation and transplantation; you’ll always see the Donate Life flag proudly flying in our Healing Garden.
- Structured onboarding programs to help new team members understand donation and LifeSource;
- Professional development opportunities for all team members, including on-going education;
- A variety of committees led by team members focused on improving employee engagement, health and wellbeing, quality of work life, donation research, innovation, and strategy
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to the LifeSource mission of extending hope and healing through organ, eye and tissue donation. As an organization, we live in the space between life and death. We value and respect life and believe that all life is a gift.
Since our inception in 1989, we have worked with our regions’ diverse communities to break down barriers to donation. We strive to hire and retain people of diverse backgrounds including racial, ethnic, culture and gender. Bringing a rich diversity of perspectives and experience to our organization at all levels strengthen our organization and our ability to serve our community and fulfill our mission.
This commitment to diversity is integrated into our mission, vision and values and is supported by our Board of Directors, our Leadership Team and at all levels in our organization.
LifeSource’s benefit-eligible team members enjoy the following employer provided benefits:
- Generous paid time off, extended paid time off and holiday time off
- Retirement Plan with rich employer match
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance and Additional Short-term Disability Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
Additional elective benefits offered include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance with generous employer premium cost share
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) including employer contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Employee, Spouse and Child Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Long-term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits consisting of Accident Insurance, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
At LifeSource, the value of Stewardship applies to everything we do from being stewards of the gift of life, to being responsible stewards of our environment.
- Our River Road headquarters implement energy efficiencies that include a solar panel installation;
- Electric car charging station;
- Robust recycling and composting programs.
There are a number of reasons to work at LifeSource, but we are guided by one purpose – to save lives.