You are a vital component of our community education program.
Donate Life Ambassadors are the cornerstone of our public education efforts, volunteering time to selflessly share their connection(s) to donation with their community and encourage people to register as organ, eye and tissue donors.
More than 250 Donate Life Ambassadors in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and western Wisconsin help us share the life-saving message of organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation.
What it Means to be an Ambassador
Donate Life Ambassadors share their donation/transplant story and the life-saving message of donation in an effort to encourage others to check the box and donate.
Ambassador opportunities may include:
- Sharing your story and speaking at community events, driver’s education and health classes, and with community leaders. Check out these helpful driver’s educator materials free of charge through our “Make Your Mark” program.
- Amplifying positive donation messages in media interviews and on social media
- Creating your own opportunities: Teresa Turner, LifeSource’s Advocacy & Ambassador Coordinator, will help provide resources and materials for ambassadors to implement their own community outreach opportunities
Apply to Become an Ambassador
Thank you for your willingness to share the life-saving message of organ, eye and tissue donation – it will surely inspire others.
- Complete the LifeSource Donate Life Ambassador application.
- Teresa will contact you to schedule an in-person or phone meeting to discuss your interests and background and to learn more about your story. In addition to learning about you, she’ll also tell you more about who we are as an organization and our Donate Life Ambassador program.
- Donate Life Ambassador Background Screening
Check out these resources to help get you started.
Join the Ambassador Facebook group.
We are excited to offer a private Facebook group for the purpose of providing a forum for registered Donate Life Ambassadors to connect with one another. This private group allows you to connect with other LifeSource Donate Life Ambassadors at any time, no matter where you live.
If you are interested in joining our private Ambassador Facebook group, apply today!
I think my favorite activity with LifeSource is having the opportunity to educate people on the value of being a donor and how they could potentially impact so many others through the donation process. And as I reflect on my own experience as a recipient, I am always in awe and complete gratitude at how my life has been so totally changed through the donation of a liver from my donor family.Donate Life Ambassador
Subscribe to the ambassador newsletter!
Stay connected about LifeSource events, donation and transplantation news and Donate Life Ambassador happenings throughout our service area.
Together, we are champions of hope.
As a part of the Donate Life network, our “Check the Box” public awareness campaign aims to inspire registration and remove misconceptions by sharing a simple message: anyone can register as a donor – a decision that saves lives.