Join Team MN-DAK
General responsibilities of a Team MN-DAK member are:
- Attend and contribute to quarterly meetings (either in Minneapolis at the LifeSource office or via conference call)
- Fill out a Gallery of Hope submission to be posted on our website
- Share your own story with your community to encourage support for donation and transplantation and to increase the number of people who register as a donor
- Submit a team membership fee of $150 by March 2021
- Fundraise. Although not required, fundraising provides funding for continuing the mission of Team MN-DAK and helps offset the costs of attending the Games.
- Cheer on and support fellow teammates at the Transplant Games of America!
Team MN-DAK is a program of LifeSource. Team members are categorized as either primary or support team members. Download the Team MN-DAK manual for more information.
Primary team members include:
- Recipients of a lifesaving kidney, pancreas, liver, heart, lung, intestine, cornea, tissue or allogeneic bone marrow/stem cell transplant
- Living donors of lifesaving solid organs (of any organ or tissue)
- Donor family members
Support team members include:
- Family members and friends of Team MN-DAK athletes
- Donation or transplant professionals
- Other interested individuals who would like to support the team
Athletes are primary team members and must meet the following requirements:
- Have received an organ, tissue, bone marrow or cornea transplant, regardless of whether you are taking anti-rejection medication or not, OR be a living donor of any organ or tissue;
- Transplant occurred at least nine months prior to the start of the Games;
- Be in healthy condition with all forms within the medical waiver packet completed and approval from your doctor allowing you to participate
Interested in joining Team MN-DAK?
Please email email@example.com or reach out to our Team MN-DAK coaches: