The purpose of the LifeSource Donate Life Ambassador Program is to directly support the mission of LifeSource, the non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives through organ and tissue donation in the Upper Midwest. Our Ambassadors are committed to educating the public about organ, eye and tissue donation so that people in our communities can make a positive decision about donation and register to be a donor. Ambassadors pledge to offer their diverse skills, talents and experiences to help increase donation so that more people will receive the transplants they need.
Donate Life Ambassador Expectations
Our Donate Life Ambassadors are a vital component of our community education program, ensuring that thousands of people each year learn about the importance of donation. In order to maintain a successful program, we ask that every Ambassador meet the following expectations:
- Provide a positive and accurate representation of LifeSource and the mission of organ and tissue donation in every presentation or activity
- Adhere to Ambassador policies as directed by the LifeSource Advocacy & Ambassador Coordinator
- Coordinate all activities with Advocacy & Ambassador Coordinator
- Fulfill all commitments and provide adequate notice for scheduling changes
- Arrive at scheduled presentations and activities on time and stay within established presentation time frame
- Be audience-focused and respect the needs of the hosting organization
- Provide additional information and resources to audience members when you are unsure of how to answer a specific question
- Maintain confidentiality as detailed in the Confidentiality Statement
- Attend LifeSource Donate Life Ambassador training
- Read the Donate Life Ambassador e-newsletter from LifeSource, which is sent out on a bi-monthly basis
- Participate in at least one Donate Life Ambassador event or activity every 12 months.
For more information contact Teresa Turner, LifeSource Advocacy & Ambassador Coordinator at 612-800-6288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.